Tuesday 19 January 2016

Bacon and everything else crust less quiche

As on my previous post “Being happy” I did say I would share a some recipes which I have been enjoying lately. Slimming World have a bacon and mushroom crust less quiche  which took my fancy, now at first I didn't follow it completely as I forgot a couple ingredients. A few changes have been made to it over times and I’ve taken away a couple things but they have been replaced with other free foods. You can put what you want in it and have it your way. I often have it with salads for lunch and snack on slices when I feel peckish. It is filling and is very moreish! 



What you’ll need
Sharp knife 
Wooden spoon
Chopping board
Measuring jug (at least 1 litre) or mixing bowl
Frying pan
Quiche dish

Ingredients
Low calorie cooking spray - fry light
Pack of bacon fat removed and chopped
Handful of mushrooms sliced
Sweetcorn 2-4 tablespoons
Mixed chopped peppers 2-4 tablespoons
4 eggs
450g cottage cheese 
80g of reduced fat grated cheese
2/4 tomatoes sliced (depending the size of your dish)
Salt and pepper
Smoked paprika 
Chilli flakes (optional)
 
I was missing a red pepper from the pic oops

How to make
1. Slice the tomatoes and place in a bowl and set aside.
2. Chop the peppers in the smallish chunks.
3. Slice the mushrooms not too thin as they do shrink when you cook them.
4. Remove the fat from the bacon and chop up in small squares (1-2cm) and cook on a low heat in fry-light.
5. Preheat the oven to 200°C.
6. Add the peppers, mushrooms and sweet corn to the frying pan then add salt, pepper and chilli flakes to taste.
7. Once the filling is to your taste remove from the heat and add to the quiche dish.
8. Mix the eggs, cottage cheese and grated cheese together then pour the filling on top.
9. Add the tomatoes and sprinkle the smoked paprika over.
10. Place in the oven for around 30 minutes, or until piping hot inside. 
 
Before the added to the quiche dish

Tips :
- I find pre chopping everything before cooking makes it a little easier and doesn't take up so much time when you trying to follow a recipe and you get the hang of it more. I pre chop peppers at least once a week because I use them everyday for salads. 

- It is entirely up to you if you want to cook the bacon, then remove the fat and chop up or do it all before cooking, I personally find it a bit better cooking it first.

- Buy already grated cheese!
 
I hope you enjoy this as much as I do. If you try this recipe let me know what you think or if you have any that you can recommend comment below !!
Share:
Blog Design Created by pipdig