Monday 8 February 2016

A trip to Birmingham

Over the weekend I had gone to Birmingham, I needed some away time I haven't really been away since early December last year which is unlike me! I went Birmingham once about 5 years ago for a night out with some friends it was a good night and I always said I wanted to go back but never did until now. London is often/always my first choice of destination but this time I wanted a new place to venture to. This visit was more to get my bearings for future trips as I know I will be returning. 

I was up around 7am on my day off, as you can imagine that was not the part I was looking forward to, I had to straighten my hair and finished off packing well mainly decide what clothes I wanted to take, then I took a taxi down to the train station and that’s where the journey begun. The train left Ipswich shortly after 10:00, I then passed through London and left by 12:00 and arrived in Birmingham about 13:30pm. The journey itself was not bad at all, it went quite quickly to be honest, possibly because of the changeover in London. I had a little bit of an agenda on the way, I needed to complete my previous blog post, Maya, which had a few finishing touches to be made (now completed) and to read my book Strong Looks Better Naked by Khloe Kardashian, with some headphones in so I wasn't distracted by people talking. 

Once I arrived, I literally had no idea where I was going trying to use the maps on my phone was a little annoying but I found my way. I stayed at the Travelodge Bullring which is right next to Chinatown. The location was so close to the shopping centre, also an indoor market but there was a slight downfall, they are doing building works nearby so if you’re in the hotel during the day there will be some noise and depending what side of the hotel your room is you may be overlooking a rather not so great looking car park, which is not apart of the hotel. Other than this issue the stay itself was great, the staff were very friendly and couldn't have been any more helpful. 

Ahh the shopping I went through Bullring, looking around all the shops, mainly looking for a birthday present for my mum as it is her birthday on Wednesday. Unfortunately I couldn't not find any clothes that wowed me, I was looking for a bomber jacket, long sleeved black top but I think when you look for some things too much you can never find them, so what did I end up doing? Buy make up lol the one thing I have been looking for is a matte darkish nude lipstick and I found Sleek done one in Birthday Suit then I visited Selfridges and went to the Nars counter, tried a few things and purchased a new concealer and a oil free primer. I will be trying the bits that I bought soon and will write a review so keep an eye out for that. 



Overall the couple day break was great (apart from the weather which it rained horrendously on the Saturday), I will certainly be going again hopefully very soon. 

Share:
Blog Design Created by pipdig