Wednesday 7 December 2016

Lush face mask and cleanser review

About 2 months ago I popped into my local Lush store as I wanted to try a new face mask, if you are a fan of Lush you will know that if you take any of the 5 black full size pots back you receive a fresh face mask absolutely free. Over the years I have tried a few different products some I've liked and some that didn't agree with my skin. I had over 5 so I thought I would take a trip and see what else they have.


I have combination skin and where I have dryer patches on my face I sometimes find it a little hard to find anything that will keep this area moisturised. I actually asked someone what they would recommend for my skin and with the colder months coming up what would be best. She talked me through a few different ones and some facial cleansers to use before the mask but the ones that caught my eye was Aqua Marina and Cupcake. Both of them were tested on my hand before I bought them.









Aqua Marina is designed to absorb excess oils from the face and body and smooth the skin. It certainly makes the skin smoother but I don't think this one is quite for me, I haven't found it very moisturising for the parts of my face which are dryer also the smell is distinctive (slightly fishy) and is not so pleasant. You mix it with a little water to get the consistency you want and cleanse your skin, you will end of with bits of seaweed everywhere though!

Cupcake is for oily skin, it draws out the impurities and gives your face a deep clean which when your wearing make up a bit is ideal to give your skin a fresh start. The smell is sweet which is a bonus, there's nothing worse then putting something that really smells bad on your face. I have used it quite a few times and it does clean my skin and it is less oily but I find I had to do this like every other night. During the week it can be a little hard to find time to sit and relax so I really only have time about once a week to do this.

Also I was given a little sample of 9 to 5, this is to remove any make up and dirt from your face, it is good to use even if your not wearing make up. You don't realise how much dirt is on your skin until you use little products like this. After using it I felt like I would still need to wash my face.

Would I buy them again?
Unfortunately I wouldn't buy Aqua Marina again the smell was a bit too much for me. I may in the future try Cupcake, maybe in the summer to see when it's best to use. At the moment I don't really have a use for 9 to 5 as I already have products that remove make up and dirt.


Have you tried any of these products? Or can you recommend any to try?
Share:
Blog Design Created by pipdig