Tuesday 20 June 2017

Mac's Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation

So I've had my eye on Mac's Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation, it's actually been sat in my safari list on my phone so I didn't forget which one I had been looking at. It's a powder and foundation in one with medium to full coverage, now I'm not sure if this is just me but I don't see how a powder has a full coverage, maybe it depends on how you apply it? I'm not sure but I was intrigued to try this as it's described as a foundation I thought this could be ideal on the days where I don't wanted to wear a liquid foundation but I still want something on my face.

Anywhooo I went into Mac last week and I got matched up with NW25 which is actually darker than the Mineralize powder I have in light plus, I slyly think it wasn't right for me from the start but I do use it. It was applied with the 135 large flat powder brush and when I looked in the mirror I could see it immediately went matte and the colour was just exactly what I wanted, not too pale and not too dark.




It didn't take much persuasion to buy it. I've been using it every day since I bought it after I've applied a little foundation where needed (mainly to my cheeks just to even out my skin tone) as a slight setting powder or to add a little colour. I have combination skin which is so frustrating especially in the warmer weather I really struggle to find anything for day to day use that will stay or control the oil more. I do find myself having to reapply this throughout the day or use the Prep+Prime transparent powder maybe once or twice but it depends what I'm doing that day but this may be just my natural oils.

If you are looking for a powder foundation I would recommend this, it's great for on the go use as it's a little compact with a mirror and sponge underneath, I haven't yet applied it with the sponge as I'm not sure how I feel about them but go buy it !



Have you tried this before? Can anyone recommend something to control my oily skin more?


x
Share:
Blog Design Created by pipdig