Tuesday 28 November 2017

The Birthday Month

Oh my! November has been an extremely busy month for me for a long time which is why I haven't actually posted anything, I've either been out of Ipswich or out the country. It made a change do have so many plans in one go!



For those wondering (and don't have me on snapchat), it was my birthday on the 1st and I've had a week and various other days off throughout the month. Keep reading to see what I got up to and how I celebrated my birthday this year ! :)

The first weekend I spent it in London me and the girls booked an apartment on the Friday night which was just awful. I would not recommend stating at Belvedere Royal Victoria, I don't want to go into it too much but there was a list of things that were wrong, from the sleeping arrangements to the cleanliness of it. We went out to a club at the o2 for an even "Bruk Out" we did have a good night but we got dressed up to the nines for no reason as we could have dressed a bit more causal and my feet may have not ached so much! The next night a few of us stayed at my friends sisters we just chilled had some food, a few drinks and laughed a lot lol. And then it was Sunday, I stayed an extra night in London, mainly because I didn't have to go back to work until the Tuesday and I thought why not? This was my chilled day, I went Stratford done a little shopping, bought some Caribbean food and relaxed, I think I needed it to be honest. I will say when I got back home I did feel refreshed.

The second weekend was spent in Amsterdam, it was Garage Nation and it was rude not to go. Believe it or not I haven't been out the country for 10 years ! Crazy right? So travelling with just one suitcase and having to limit the liquids to take was a nightmare but Cherelle taught me a few things!  Now I can pack lighter lol, I may do a post shortly on what how I packed. A couple of my friends were also going out as well but had different flights and accommodation but we still managed to met up. I will say I had the most bizarre looking pasta dishes, when it came out it just looked like something in one of them fancy restaurants with big plates and small portions. As we knew this was a garage event we dressed more appropriate (jeans and trainers) but make up on fleeeeek. We stayed at Ibis Amsterdam South which is about 20 minutes from the airport by taxi and the same from the city centre by tram which was ideal and the price was so good, per room it worked out £60 and there was two people to a room. I would definitely stay there again. I was lucky again as I had the Monday off from work so I could rest as there was little sleep from the weekend!




The third weekend this was supposed to be a chilled one but one of the girls I work with suggested about going to London to visit Harvey Nichols as they are the only stockist closest to Ipswich that have Rihanna's Fenty make up collection. It didn't take much persuasion as my girl Sharna has the foundation and I'm always so envious of her when she's wearing it! We drove down and also met one of my other friends in London as she wanted to have a look as well. It was good we was all together as we could then ask each other that the foundation looked good and matched our skins, friends will always be honest with you when it comes to foundation! As I was being naughty I also picked up the lip gloss which I'm in love with, I think paired with a brown/nude lip liner this would look so good. After our purchases we agreed we needed some food and a cocktail so we went TGI Friday's and had a laugh too. Now Sunday you think is the day of rest but no I decided to jump on the train and go Norwich as House of Fraser had a 20% off selected items but it included the Michael Kors Large cross body bag I wanted, it was £160 so in the end I got it for £128, I absolutely love it and I've used it a few times since and is perfect.

Finally the fourth weekend. Now I did chill and do nothing, I didn't even go to my works Christmas party, in fact I was in bed by half 9 on Friday. I just sorted through my Glossy Boxes as they seemed to be building up and overtaking my room, I will be looking to sell some things over on my Depop store a lot of which have never been used or only swatched, if you want to check out what I have already just search JanayAndre :). Oooh and my auntie cooked dinner on Sunday and she invited me over, I couldn't say no.

A lot of memories were created in November with the people I love, it will definitely be a month to remember!

Have you got up to anything interesting this month?

x
Share:
Blog Design Created by pipdig