Monday 21 May 2018

Accessorize oversized tote bag review

It has been about 6 months since I actually bought a bag which if you know if is really good because I love a bag but it's mainly because on a daily basis I use my Ted Baker Chelsey shopper (sold out but here and here are similar styles) or days when I don't need to carry much I use my Michael Kors cross body one. They are all I really need but lately I've been getting annoyed with taking an addition bag to work for lunch and the days I have gym I'm taking like 3 bags to work which is too much! I had been on the hunt for a big tote bag that I can literally chuck everything in, of course I've seen a YSL one but that is a little out of my price range at the moment (one day!). So I had to bring it back down to reality and had a look on the high street.

Me and my mum were just passing through town and Accessorize recently moved to a bigger store in Ipswich and the summer colours just caught my eye so we popped in and I immediately see this oversized tote bag in lilac then yellow and then a light blue. I just fell in love like it would be perfect for work and is big enough to get everything in, I was struggling with what colour as I don't really have anything that would go so I looked a bit more in the store and found it in black (typical I know) and had to purchase.





I have been using it every day since I bought it a couple weeks ago it literally gets all my day to day stuff in along with my lunch and water bottle etc even still has loads of space left and never feels that heavy. As much as I love this bag I have found an issue with it which I was genuinely so upset by. A few days after I purchased it I use it and had my light grey jacket on and I had the bag over my shoulder walked to my Nan's to see her for a little bit and when I was about to leave I noticed all on the right shoulder/arm area there was these black marks and it was where I had the bag over my shoulder. When I did get home I tried to get the marks out with a baby wipe and a damp clothes it did come out a little but there is still marks now it was the first time I had worn the jacket and it was bought so long and it is now kind of ruined. I even got a baby wipe and wiped the handles of the bag and basically the edges leave this black residue and I am now conscious of wearing a light colour top or jacket when using this bag, luckily I the jacket I'm now using is black.

I wiped the handles on a baby wipe which I have done several times already and this still happens

I was struggling to get a pic because the lighting but I've tried as much as I can to get the marks out myself they stood out a lot more previously

Overall I am very happy with the bag and love it, also it has a little inner zip if you need to put anything small or personal away somewhere but I just disappointed with the marks it has left on my jacket.

Have you had this kind of problem before?

Twitter | Instagram | BlogLovin'
Xx
Share:
Blog Design Created by pipdig